Monday, October 21, 2013

New Poem: "King In The Light"

The King
The LightThe Darkness
The Prince

King In The Light
A year and a half ago I'd be all too ready to body someone lyrically
 I'd calculate every bar, punchline, simile and metaphor
 and make them hit so hard that they may feel it physically
 I'd MAKE them hate me
 I'd MAKE them have to see me as a prime target and enemy
....then I'd drop verses that'd show that they'd have no choice but to give me the victory
 my mind would be consumed with war games and schemes
 commiting arson with the pen towards any in they team
 but....I'm not that man anymore
 the one consumed by nothing but anger, rage, and hate
I'm not that man anymore
 the type ready to wild out and challenge all
 and be quick to get up in they face....
I keep saying that, but its still far too tempting...
to attempt to kill, murk, destroy
 and utterly ANNIHILATE all who oppose me
 who I know are below me
 sometimes, it honestly feel like not retaliating is phony....
but still, I hear God's voice in my ear as I write
 saying you getting listeners, but u aint doing it right
 why be a dark prince when u could be #King in the light...
why be a dark prince when u could be #King in the light.
-NeRo 

No comments:

Post a Comment